Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Game

+3
TheRabid
_Dr.A
Zitzabis
7 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Video Game - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Game

Post by TheRabid Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:50 am

I thought I would just recap on what everyone is doing.

Zitzabis: Lead Developer, Programmer, and Artist

Rabid: Lead Artist, and Game Designer

Dr. A: Lead Music Creator

VividJolt: ??? Looking for job

Iatefailure: Lead Reviewer, and Writer
Solemnote: Supervisor

PixelizedPie: Music Creator

Not 100% sure if all of these are right, but I think most are correct. Reply below if I missed something or made a mistake.

Last edited by TheRabid on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/the-rabid/

Back to top Go down

Post by Iatefailure Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:54 am

Well, as of posts that I've just read though,

I quite fancy the idea of my character being a robot of some sort, preferably a thin, nimble one.

As for the Jobs list that Rabid just posted (see: above)
I would quite fancy the idea of being an Editor of some sorts. Probably for both Text/words and the art itself.

Text wise, I'm fully English, and in my school's highest English set, so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for Pixel art. No offence Rabid, but there are a few things that just make me cringe slightly (Slightly OCD, i think)

I wouldn't change the characters up much at all, but just to make some of the animations slightly more natural/ fix the one or two slightly glaring mis-pixels Smile

If this is O.K. I'm happy to look back over what Rabid has done (If you could leave a DL link, imgur or such, that would be great)

(Over the past few months I've been working on a game with another person (They gave up, so i don't have any links) But i do feel like my pixel animation skills have increased Smile )
Iatefailure
Iatefailure
Pro
Pro

Virgo Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitzabis Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Ok, Iate can be our reviewer and writer. Essentially, if Iate can look over things and consolidate them, so he can then give them to me, that would be great. Otherwise, it's hard to keep up. However, I think we'll leave Rabid as the main artist.

Now then, with the text, I would like to have something there, I can can make scrolling text so that's no problem. However, I have no idea on what we could have text on... Iate, perhaps you can provide ideas on this?

Also, Rabid, right now, I would like to use the current GUI. I understand it a lot better and personally, I feel it's more user friendly. Sorry, but when I made that game with my tech team, the hardest part was actually the GUI. We ran a couple of tests and had various subjects test it and the most common complaint was "I can't work out what to do!" even though it was so obvious.

Then, with the jobs, your list is correct. But you forgot to put solemnote down as the Supervisor. Basically his job is to support and keep everyone happy with each other. I've found him to be highly responsible (even in the PA days).

Hope this clears everyone up once again! Also, I am making a stab at the actual gameplay even though I don't have Unity 4.3. And quite honestly, it isn't bad! I am getting a plugin right now to aid me. Once I get Unity 4.3, I will completely rebuild the gameplay side. But right now I can at least have an idea of what it will look like. I'll release another dev build as soon as I can.

Also, Dr A, could you grab a script for me (JavaScript) that halts interia? Basically, when you get the ground, you stop dead. The Unity physics engine is stupid and I just keep sliding all over the place...

Oh and PixelizedPie... The song you provided is amazing! However, I was checking the media tags attached to it and it was created in 2012, by Nickl's Eye, originally titled Nold. Now, I research this artist and could not find anyone by that name except for one source. There was a YouTube video of this song posted by the correct artist and title. However, the description said that the song was a free download, thus entailing that there is no copyright on it. Now, my question is this, are you the original creator? And don't worry if you aren't! The music is still open source, we can still use it and you still sourced it for us so you don't lose your position at all! I just need to know so I have full details on the copyright's over it.
Zitzabis
Zitzabis
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/zitzabis/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Iatefailure wrote:Well, as of posts that I've just read though,

I quite fancy the idea of my character being a robot of some sort, preferably a thin, nimble one.

As for the Jobs list that Rabid just posted (see: above)
I would quite fancy the idea of being an Editor of some sorts. Probably for both Text/words and the art itself.

As for Pixel art. No offence Rabid, but there are a few things that just make me cringe slightly (Slightly OCD, i think)

I wouldn't change the characters up much at all, but just to make some of the animations slightly more natural/ fix the one or two slightly glaring mis-pixels Smile

If this is O.K. I'm happy to look back over what Rabid has done  (If you could leave a DL link, imgur or such, that would be great.

OK Iate il start brainstorming some ideas for your nimble robot. I would like to ask what you mean by mis pixels. Do you mean the slightly transparent parts for the electricity on zitz and the slime for me? Or is there something else. Just look over my posts and tell me what makes you cringe in specific.

Last edited by TheRabid on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by _Dr.A Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:09 pm

Zitzabis wrote:Ok, Iate can be our reviewer and writer. Essentially, if Iate can look over things and consolidate them, so he can then give them to me, that would be great. Otherwise, it's hard to keep up. However, I think we'll leave Rabid as the main artist.

Now then, with the text, I would like to have something there, I can can make scrolling text so that's no problem. However, I have no idea on what we could have text on... Iate, perhaps you can provide ideas on this?

Also, Rabid, right now, I would like to use the current GUI. I understand it a lot better and personally, I feel it's more user friendly. Sorry, but when I made that game with my tech team, the hardest part was actually the GUI. We ran a couple of tests and had various subjects test it and the most common complaint was "I can't work out what to do!" even though it was so obvious.

Then, with the jobs, your list is correct. But you forgot to put solemnote down as the Supervisor. Basically his job is to support and keep everyone happy with each other. I've found him to be highly responsible (even in the PA days).

Hope this clears everyone up once again! Also, I am making a stab at the actual gameplay even though I don't have Unity 4.3. And quite honestly, it isn't bad! I am getting a plugin right now to aid me. Once I get Unity 4.3, I will completely rebuild the gameplay side. But right now I can at least have an idea of what it will look like. I'll release another dev build as soon as I can.

Also, Dr A, could you grab a script for me (JavaScript) that halts interia? Basically, when you get the ground, you stop dead. The Unity physics engine is stupid and I just keep sliding all over the place...

Oh and PixelizedPie... The song you provided is amazing! However, I was checking the media tags attached to it and it was created in 2012, by Nickl's Eye, originally titled Nold. Now, I research this artist and could not find anyone by that name except for one source. There was a YouTube video of this song posted by the correct artist and title. However, the description said that the song was a free download, thus entailing that there is no copyright on it. Now, my question is this, are you the original creator? And don't worry if you aren't! The music is still open source, we can still use it and you still sourced it for us so you don't lose your position at all! I just need to know so I have full details on the copyright's over it.
Ya Zitz, I should be able to do that. The only thing is I may have to familiarize myself a bit with javascript, mainly so I know what I'm looking for, getting, etc., and so I'm more able to help you in the future if you ever end up needing anything. But javascript can't be that much harder than java.
_Dr.A
_Dr.A
The Doc
The Doc

Gemini Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:13 pm

Ok, I didnt get to finsish what I was saying earlier beacuse I had to quickly get ready to leave. But what I was going to say is Iate, Im happy to let you go over my work, but if there is something wrong tell me what is wrong and I can do what you think needs fixing. Besides that, I think everything is fine.

Zitz. I understand you are comfortable with your current Selection screen, but I believe we should try implementing my CS in for a model to see how it plays out. If it is to hard you can stop and we can work something out. But please give it a shot, I put a lot of time into the character selection in particular. We can ask everyone else which they prefer because I think we should all have a say in the game. That is what the Board is for anyway. I know I keep fighting about this, but , this is the last time I think I will.
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:42 pm

I will post this once im done Iate. But I have a quick sketch of a nimble drone. It looks fast and devastating. For the abilities im thinking Mines and maybe a lazer blast?
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Version 1 of IATE THE BATTLE DRONE!!!
Video Game - Page 6 <a href=Video Game - Page 6 Iate_t11" />
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:46 pm

And the board style:
Video Game - Page 6 Iate_t12
Needs some editing I believe.

Last edited by TheRabid on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by solemnote Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:41 am

Zitzabis wrote:
solemnote wrote:Btw, I've been looking at my character for a bit, I kinda guess I'm not really fat, my shoulders are just REALLY huge :3

You gais don't need to fix anything, I'm good right now.
I'll see if I can make a city backround later.
If anyone hasn't heard, my C:) Hard drive thing disappeared or something, I don't know what. So my computer is kinda dead right now...
Yeah, I'll work on the backround later.

That's really weird! It's probably a virus. But glad you're ok with the avatar! Oh and I have put your job description down as Supervisor. You seem to be highly sensible, so I think that job suits you.

"You seem to be highly sensible"
I- I'm not h-highly sensible... ; - ;
solemnote
solemnote
Experienced
Experienced

Libra Dragon

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/solemnote/

Back to top Go down

Post by solemnote Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:45 am

I will take the supervisor role though,

I tried downloading the game, and I can only access the menu... It's not anyone's fault, it's just that I'm using a really crappy computer. I'd say the credit screen needs a little more of a push than that. For example, the bouncing words... They kill my eyes, not to be rude... o. o
solemnote
solemnote
Experienced
Experienced

Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitzabis Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:33 am

Solemnote, it's only the menu right now. But I'll drop the pulsing of the text.

Also, Rabid, I know you put a lot of work in to the character selection, but still, it seems....difficult to handle in my opinion. Some of the scripting would be really difficult. Now my design is by no means perfect or complete, but in the long run, I think it will be less work.
Zitzabis
Zitzabis
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitzabis Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:00 pm

Ok, pulsing of the text has been eased off. However, due to the monitor I'm using, I can't work on the game. I'm on holidays right now so I can only use my laptop monitor. When making the game, I usually like to have dual monitors. One view for the scene and the other for the actual game. However, this gives Rabid a chance to catch up with art. Dr A to find a script and everyone else to do whatever. I'll be back on the job some time later this month. Will be on the forums when I can. Madang doesn't have very good Internet.
Zitzabis
Zitzabis
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Ok zits sounds good. I will continue the the animations and create a couple stages.

I also want to know how hard it would be to code the cs I created. I believe it should really be the same thing. Just the select part is the part you click. Not the boxes with the characters in them. It may be a lot of work, but we must do that to make a great game.
Unless you just don't like the cs I created, which I would like to know if you dont.
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by _Dr.A Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:50 pm

Quick little update on the music, I've been working it with a friend, and within the next day or two, I should have a song to show you guys
_Dr.A
_Dr.A
The Doc
The Doc

Gemini Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by solemnote Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:54 am

Zitzabis wrote:Solemnote, it's only the menu right now. But I'll drop the pulsing of the text.

Also, Rabid, I know you put a lot of work in to the character selection, but still, it seems....difficult to handle in my opinion. Some of the scripting would be really difficult. Now my design is by no means perfect or complete, but in the long run, I think it will be less work.

Oh, it was a menu only?....
That explains a bit...
I'm gonna stop talking till' you guys need me.
 Surprised
solemnote
solemnote
Experienced
Experienced

Libra Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:08 pm

I won't be able to work on anything for  a couple days. My computer has been acting up and won't turn back on. I'm trying to sort it out, but till then I can keep updated on my tablet.
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelizedPie Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:47 am

Sorry I haven't responded in a while...my internet got turned off..so I'm using my 3G...
Zitabis...I wouldn't fraud you guys...I made this song a while ago...I remembered it when I was looking through my library of FL studio... And I also made this song free on newgrounds.com...I have another album as well free...oh rabid I'm ok with my title and I think that's a good choice
PixelizedPie
PixelizedPie
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:23 am

Well I found the problem. I need to get a new connected to connect the battery to the charger. I mad it sound dumb, but I just had to replace something.
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Ok, my computer is back in action. Il be starting to get back into the pile of artwork needed for the game.
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitzabis Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:39 am

Good to hear Rabid! Now then, I finally got on to Skype and I saw that a lot of stuff had been happening and I didn't even know. So, based off the discussions and views expressed in the Skype chat that weren't voiced out here, we will be going to Rabid's design unless I hit a road block.
Also, Dr A, I fully understand that you have more programming experience than me. And I would happily let you do most of the programming. However, I don't think Unity runs on Linux. Maybe it does, I'm not sure.
Also, with the music. I'm hearing a lot of hopeful talk about the music Dr A is producing. Now then...this is a tricky topic. Essentially, we will go with PixelPie's music right now but if Dr A's music is better, we'll switch them out. This is due to the fact that certain views were expressed at the very beginning of this project and adding another project member would be difficult to manage. Not that we don't like you PixelPie!!! On the contrary! However, Dr A has been around a lot longer and has been incredibly faithful. But as I said, if PixelPie's music is better, we'll go with it.
Zitzabis
Zitzabis
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:29 am

Ok im not 100% sure what needs to get done. Should I work on animations or a map to test the game out? I just need a plan so I can work on stuff throughout the week.
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zitzabis Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:13 am

Just animations really. That's one of the toughest parts. Levels can be done in no time at all.
Zitzabis
Zitzabis
LEGENDARY
LEGENDARY

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelizedPie Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:39 am

Yeh that's ok zitzabis...I understand what your trying to say...if u need me to do anything else...I can
PixelizedPie
PixelizedPie
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRabid Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:10 am

Ok. Here is a quick make of a tester map or a real map.
Video Game - Page 6 Grass_10
TheRabid
TheRabid
Psychotic Wanderer
Psychotic Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next